Monday, October 15, 2012

Called to Serve

I am starting to realize just how special this little boy is. Everyday is a love hate relationship with how much he grows and changes. He is already so big! At his six week appointment he weight 11 pds and 14 oz He woke up today smiling like never before and I am in love with it! Marshall came home for lunch and asked what we did that day and all I could think was... I tried to make our child smile of course! It is so addicting to see his little grin. I would say in his baby book that this weekend was the first time he really smiled.. he has been smiling in his sleep for weeks but this weekend was the first time he smiled because of something Marsh and I did or when he was looking right at us. I love so much when he smiles and even though I have tried almost everything to get him to smile repeatedly the only thing that seems to work is the song "Called to Serve" I sing it loud and wave his hands around as we sing and every time it gets a smile- his eyes light up and he pants excitedly and I love it. I think Max feels excited about President Monsons announcement last week. 


Max got to meet his Uncle Tom a few weeks ago who is currently serving in the St. Louis Mission which extends to a town just 20 minutes away from kirksville. We met him there one sunday for lunch- we got special permission and it was so wonderful to see my little brother being such a wonderful missionary. He is a great example for Max- Max loved his name tag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment