Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Overwhelmed - but not how I thought

I knew going into having a baby that being overwhelmed would be a part of my every day. But not in this way, not the way I have felt the last 2 weeks!
I am overwhelmed with love for this little man, his faces, his nose, his strength and spirit! I love him so much it overwhelms my desires for sleep and for food, and I even learned it overwhelms my desire for shopping!

I am overwhelmed with gratitude! To my Heavenly Father for this perfect baby boy that I have been praying for each night for years. I am overwhelmed as I come to understand His love for us and all His children-- even those that aren't as sweet as babies. :)

I am overwhelmed by our friends and family. The gratitude I feel for so many people literally feels paralyzingly; I can't even think of how I am going to show them even half of their love and kindness in return!


Even the little things have overwhelmed me. Thank you:
-For the random text messages
-For the phone calls on your busy day
-For dropping by a snack
-Or bringing my favorites to avoid the hospital's snacks
-For holding my baby
-For oohing and awwing with me
-For letting me just talk about him today
-For bringing us food
-For offering over and over again
-For sometimes just not even asking
-For the sweet note
-For the precious flowers
-For letting us borrow your swing so my arms can rest for the first time
-For telling me I look great.. Make-up-less, sick, and straggled hair
-For stopping by on your walks
-For bringing us peaches in a jar
-For letting me sleep
-For acting like its nothing
-Thank you for listening
-And for talking
-For staying up late and holding my baby
-For thinking Max is as perfect as I think he is
-For doing the dishes
-For helping Marshall with school
-For smiles
-And prayers
-For all your offers
-For your love in a million different ways


You have changed my life and helped me feel the love of the Savior everyday. And that love is purely overwhelming.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I am so happy for you two! I can't wait to have my own little baby. It truly seems like the most amazing thing in the world. And something that truly will bring you closer to the Savior.

    ReplyDelete