Monday, April 2, 2012

Great Weekends

Weekends are becoming my favorite. No longer filled with the stresses of tests and studying as it is the calm before the storm of finals. Its my favorite time of year. Walking around campus is actually fun! It makes me think I'm going to miss college life a lot more than I have been thinking I would.
It's so nice to sit outside and feel the sun on my face, or bounce around a little on the tramp with the nieces and nephews. Tractor rides are becoming more frequent around our house, and Marshall or Camron up in the barn playing the drums while we all dance have been some of my favorite memories for sure!

This weekend was filled with family time for Conference. Friday night we met up with Dan and Andrea Hill to go see Jimmer and the Kings play the Jazz in SLC. Such a fun night, but then we all stayed up way too late chatting and playing games--I loved it! I could talk to those two forever. We stay up way too late talking to them way too often!

On Saturday I surprised myself and Marsh by waking up early ( not necessarily by choice ), but it was the first time all year on a Saturday! And before Marsh woke up I had cleaned the whole house! Luckily for me there were no dishes; I really just cant stand dishes! I don't know why, maybe someday I will learn! But I even managed to clean my "closet room" as Marsh calls it; it's always a disaster, but I started to get control and even put away some clothes I won't wear until next fall again. It actually made a big difference!

Conference sessions were all amazing! I only slept through one talk in the morning but Marsh said it was amazing so I am really grateful you can already go back and watch them online! We watched conference, ate good food, and talked with family; there were more kids on tractor rides, more drumming, and then we gathered to have a little FHE lesson and discuss the things we have learned this conference! Dad and Mom drove down for Dad to go to conference with Marsh and the boys, and mom and I met up with cousins and aunts to go to dinner. It was a great time, we came home, chatted, tried on clothes, and then drove up to Layton for Sunday.

Once again a great day! Relaxing, delicious breakfasts, great talks by amazing men! Elder David Evans, the man who married us, spoke in the Sunday Afternoon session and it was AWESOME! We love listening to these men and the things they teach us.  I know that the things that they teach us are true! I can't wait till tonight when Marsh promised we could talk about all our notes and the things we learned. It's going to be a great FHE.

No comments:

Post a Comment