Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Perfect Day

 I have always spent my birthdays in Utah, doing pretty much the same old thing. This year, the day fell on the last weekend of Marshall break we were all alone in Kirksville with nothing to do but whatever our hearts felt like. Marshall went all out to make it the best, most relaxing day I can remember.
We woke up to our water pipes frozen again. so naturally we went out for breakfast :) Then it was off to one of my all time favorite places ever, Nauvoo. I don't know why I have always been enchanted with the place since I was very little the history has made me fall in love. We stopped in Quincy for some yummy food, shopping at hobby lobby ( Ive been missing that place) and then we took Max boy to a place called Bonkers- a giant soft play place/bounce house/arcade for little kids and the babe was in heaven. Then he napped while we headed to this beautiful place!

The Mississippi was frozen almost completely, and it made me think of those sweet pioneers crossing the river to come to Utah. It feels fun to have lived on both ends. Utah and Here.  Sometimes I feel like I will understand our ancestors so much better now because we have lived here so close. Soon we'll say goodbye to Nauvoo the Beautiful and feel so grateful for the short but very important time it has been for our lives. I really don't want to leave our perfect town in Kirksville and I really don't want to give up coming to Nauvoo so often. But moving back to Utah is going to be so happy as well. 
Anyways... We took Max to a babysitter in our Stake and went to the temple, where we happened to run into 2 couples from school, there were just 10 of us on the session and the man in charge was Marshall's old family friend and his new wife Susan Easton Black. They are the sweetest old people. and it was the most perfect time in the Temple. Another lady there had to give me a tissue I cried so many happy tears. There really aren't words for how perfect the night was. 
We picked up our sweet little boy and went home to the condo we rented for the night, and marshall made me a delicious dinner. 

Maybe it sounds like a boring night to you. But I have never felt so lucky or special. I am so grateful for an incredible husband that always treats me like a queen and for our sweet little baby who makes me happy and giddy beyond words. I am in love. Thanks for the best day ever! 
And incase you were worried we had friends over for cake and ice cream and games when we got home. Marshall let me make my own cake just like I wanted. Red Velvet yum! 
It has been the best 24 years I could ever imagine! Maybe I will get a little wiser this year :)


3 comments: