Thursday, August 29, 2013

One Year

I feel like a completely different person now than that girl that was sitting in the hospital a year ago- waiting to have a baby, but at the same time all the memories are so fresh that it seems like just yesterday!
Max boy is a whole year old today! I am so grateful for him everyday! I remember that their were  sleepless nights and long days but right now its hard to believe having him in our lives has been anything less that perfect. 
4 days ago he started to walk ( just in time, like always) at first it was 2 steps at the Robertsons then a few down the hall- always where he could catch himself quickly. and now in less than a week he walks all around the house carrying basketballs and balloons to people laughing as he chases you around the corner. It makes me happy that it happened all at once, he isn't my little baby that needs me for everything any more, he walks now, says yes and a few random sounds he intends as words he is my little one year old buddy! I like to just watch him walk around, he is flawless and I am in love :) 

every time i slow down and take just a minute to really watch him i can't help but think there is something so incredibly special about him. He loves everyone, the boy has made me more friendly this year than anything else, he waves to everyone, says hi and tries to make them think they are funny. he offers his food and his beloved binkie to anyone that opens their mouth, he is the calming spirit i needed yet courageous and strong willed. He lets you know he cares by laying his head on your chest or giving those adorable open mouthed kisses. Max isn't afraid of anything, he is so trusting and a quick learner. being his mom this last year is the best job I have ever had and the greatest class I have ever taken. I have learned more, failed more, put in more hours, cried and laughed more in this short year as a mom than anything I have ever done before and I cant express how grateful I am. 

I will forever be grateful for this day when we met such a special special little boy that we get to love and cherish forever. 

here are a few things he is doing- and some favorites!

Loves Watermelon and grapes and has started to love yogurt
loves driving on dads moped if he can get outside he walks right to where the bike should be and squawks at it
squawks- really its how he communicates
says Yes when we get it right and Mama when he wants something
Loves others kids and anyone that will pay attention to him
sleeps 13 hours - waking up once
has 6 teeth that we can see... but he stopped biting when he nurses
still nursing...
 His new Ball Pit/pool

just testing out my new ride!



He wanted this cake so bad from the minute he saw it! ironically.. he didn't eat very much of it..




It was a water melon whipped cream cake- his two favorite thing

3 comments:

  1. So So Cute Lisa!! What a fun day!! He is just adorable and so happy! you are such an awesome momma!!! Love the cake soo creative!:) Love this! Happy Birthday Max!!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! He's so cute! I bet you are the best little mom! We need to plan a reunion trip soon so that our boys will be best friends!

    ReplyDelete