Monday, October 7, 2013

New york New York ( fall break part 2)

Going to New York City was kind of like a dream come true to me. Especially seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time. When I was 12 my family planned a trip across the whole country... camping at each stop. It took a Year for us to plan the trip and then 3 weeks to carry it out. Each person in our family of 7 got to pick a site to visit beside the basic church history sites we were initially planning ( Nauvoo, Palmyra etc) the places on the list were the Football hall of fame, Mount Rushmore, Adam-ondi-omen and I chose Lady Liberty! A few months before our big trip was September 11th and the Statue of Liberty and almost everything in NYC would be closed when our trip happened. sooo.. flash forward 12 years later. I finally got to stare up at the Statue of Liberty.. it was a great moment that I can't describe.. mostly because I had waited so long and mostly because know I feel like I understand a little bit more or what she should or was built to represent.. and my feelings about liberty and this country will be saved for a different post. Thank you Fern and Allen for taking us to the Island and everyone for a great trip! 

 all the different parks in central park were amazing! like this hippo play ground max loved riding the hippos!




 Just a little relaxing in the middle of the city.. kind of ironic huh?

 This was max boys animal of choice to look at in the museum of natural history



 He loves the world! or he just found the only "ba!" in new york city he could play with!



 ( please mom can i take it home!)
 The whole time in New York complete strangers would look at me and tell me the boy needs to wear shoes. I wish I had given them his shoes and told them to try. The little boy could not keep his shoes on for longer than 5 minutes, he even learned how to unvelcro his shoes to take them off with his hands if he couldn't kick them off.

 typical jumping picture... but really you wouldn't believe all of the funny poses all the europeans would make. they would stand in this stop for literally 20 minutes taking the same picture 50 times in 50 slightly slightly different poses. sometimes we immitated them..

 THE WHOLE DARLING WONDERFUL GROUP + lady liberty!























1 comment:

  1. Liam also hates shoes... He is in socks every where we go. I feel like it's a miracle to keep him in shoes for longer than a trip to the car...
    I love New York! that's way exciting that you got to go! My favorite was Ellis Island! I loved reading all of the stories in there!

    ReplyDelete