Thursday, June 21, 2012

Me.. a Mom?

Fathers day, mothers day and this little babe constantly tap dancing around my belly button have got me thinking. But mostly its got me terrified.

The thing is that I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world! I have had the best examples raise me and love me and teach me everything I know, I don't know how I possibly could have asked for better parents!



The thought of being a Mom doesn't really actually hit me yet. Im 30 weeks pregnant today and that means in just 10 weeks not only will I live far away from my Mom but I will be totally and completely responsible for this little man. Each minute he doesn't kick I worry myself sick, and even when he moves so much my whole body gets jolted to a new position I feel so happy that he must be more comfortable now. Its crazy to think that I love him so much and all I can do is feel him, soon we will be able to hold him and look at him and talk to him. I am really starting to realize becoming a parent really must be the closest way we can understand Gods love for us. 
I just can't wait sometimes, and yet I just can't feel ready at all. I watch our dear friends Mari and Blake and Dax and Melanie start their own families and have the most adorable little boys, and never seem stressed or like parenting is anything but the most incredible experience of their lives. I hope we can be like them, calm and just love it! I hope we can be like our own amazing parents. I don't know how people do it really, but I am so grateful every day that we get a chance. 
Little boy I hope you know we will do our best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment