Friday, July 15, 2011

Out on the Island

We sing we songs as a staff after camp fires out here. we circle up, and I am always lucky enough to stand by the three most amazing men in camp: Marshall, and my brothers Adam and Tom. it is a great moment that I have always wanted to have a picture of; however, lighting situations will probably never allow it with my low tech camera. however, mentally picture with me this moment-- The ocean waves and a few sail boats swaying in the harbor. above the ocean are we scouts and staffers, sitting around two enormous camp fires that glow upward. the fires are illuminating our backdrop of three brilliantly tall Palm Trees, standing in descending height. and up from there the glow of the fire blends in with the blue and black sky sprinkled with thousands of stars on a clear night.

I like this scene because it reminds me to lift my mind upward. Sometimes this place is a little peace of Heaven.

Thank you for the mental Picture. Now what you have all been waiting for.. Real Pictures!


This is the gang (minus Marshall who always seems to be taking the picture) watching the sunset on Lion's Head.  Joy (my little sister) came out to work for a week, and Mckenna (Toms "Good Friend") came out for the weekend. We had so much fun, watching the sunset and then sleeping up here, we woke up to a family of dolphins right behind us!

We tried to relive the moment almost a year later when Marshall Proposed. It wasn't quite the same but we were just as in love with each other. Yesterday marked 11 months. time is flying by! cheesy as it may sound, i am really grateful that I get eternity with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment